Millcreek of Pontotoc offers residential and outpatient treatment programs for children, teens, and young adults who are struggling with behavioral and mental health concerns.
Residential Program Overview
Learn about Millcreek of Pontotoc’s residential program in Mississippi
At Millcreek of Pontotoc, a treatment clinic in North Mississippi, we offer psychiatric residential treatment (PRTF) programs for children and adolescents between the ages of 6 and 20. This program provided by our clinic is designed to meet the intensive behavioral and educational needs of emotionally disturbed youth in North Mississippi. This program is open to boys and girls, with a total of 51 beds available throughout three different cottages. Children and adolescents in each cottage are separated by age, gender, presenting issue, and developmental abilities. Our three cottages include:
- Magnolia cottage (houses boys only)
- Grapevine cottage (houses girls only)
- Daltwood cottage (houses girls, ages 15-18 and boys, ages of 6-10)
Types of Treatment
Treatments and therapies offered in Millcreek of Pontotoc’s residential program
The children and adolescents who take part in our treatment clinic’s residential treatment program are afforded a number of therapeutic programs that are tailored to meet the individualized needs of each patient. Some of the therapeutic programs included in each child’s treatment plan at our clinic in North Mississippi include the following:
- Individual therapy sessions are held in 60 minute increments at a minimum of one time each week at our treatment clinic. These sessions are designed to be a time for patients to meet one-on-one with their therapists in order to discuss any presenting problems or concerns, to track treatment goals and progress made, and to work on personal skills-building. Additional individual sessions can be added any time depending on a patient’s specific needs or when requested.
- Group therapy sessions are held in 60 minute increments, five times each week. During these sessions, a vast array of topics are discussed, examples of which may include peer pressure, aggression, bullying, following rules, and goal-setting. All group sessions are tailored to meet the particular needs of the specific patients taking part in that group, so topics will vary.
- Family therapy sessions are held in 60 minute increments and occur at least twice per month. However, knowing the importance of family involvement in creating successful treatment outcomes, families are welcome to come in more often if they are available to, or depending on a child’s needs.
- Experiential therapies are offered for patients in order to provide a thorough, well-rounded approach to treatment. Such therapies include art therapy, play therapy, and daily recreational therapy.
- Clinical staffings occur twice during the first month that patients are taking part in programming at Millcreek, and then once per month for every subsequent month that they remain in treatment. These staffings are provided in order for patients and their parents or guardians to have specified times to meet with the patients’ treatment teams in order to discuss progress in all areas of treatment, including therapeutically and academically.
- Medication management is offered to all patients on an ongoing basis as each child has a psychiatrist as part of their treatment team who is thoroughly involved in the treatment planning process. Each child will meet with their psychiatrist at least once each week while taking part it our residential treatment program at our clinic.
- Educational services are provided to all children and adolescents in our treatment clinic’s PRTF program through our fully accredited, onsite therapeutic day school. Classes are held from 8:00am-11:00am every day, at which time children break for an hour of group therapy and then have lunch. After lunch, patients return to class from 12:30pm-2:00pm. Classes are offered in small classrooms with low student-to-teacher and student-to-aide ratios in order to ensure that all academic needs are fully addressed.
Learn more about Millcreek of Pontotoc’s residential program in Mississippi
If your child or adolescent is struggling with behavioral and/or emotional disturbances, and would benefit taking part in the intensive nature of our treatment clinic’s residential programs, look no further than Millcreek of Pontotoc, located in North Mississippi. The caring and compassionate staff here at our treatment clinic will do all that we can in order to address all of your child’s unique developmental, emotional, and educational needs. We are here to help children and adolescents lead healthier, more productive lives.