Millcreek of Pontotoc is a leading provider of mental and behavioral health treatment for children, teens, and young adults in northern Mississippi.
About Millcreek of Pontotoc
Millcreek of Pontotoc, located in Northern Mississippi, is a leader in the provision of mental healthcare for children and adolescents ranging from ages six to 20. Our entire team takes great pride in the reputation we have developed for ourselves, as we have strived to provide the most clinically excellent care possible to our patients within an atmosphere conducive to healing.
Our team of professionals are committed to making positive changes in the lives of those children and adolescents who come to us for care by offering skills-based treatment that is individualized to each patient. By offering services to youth who are grappling with emotional and behavioral disorders, we are able to help increase the quality of life for all of the individuals who walk through our doors.
What We Treat
For children and adolescents within this age range, a number of mental health conditions can present themselves given the appropriate biological and/or environmental factors. For some young people, a more hands-on approach to care is necessary to help better manage these concerns. At Millcreek of Pontotoc, we treat the following behavioral and mental health conditions:
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive disorders
- Bipolar disorders
- Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD)
- Conduct disorder
- Intermittent explosive disorder (IED)
- Disruptive and impulse control disorders
- Suicidal thoughts
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Attachment disorder
- Adjustment disorder
We realize that the children and adolescents who come into our care have parents and/or guardians who are highly concerned about their overall wellbeing. Therefore, we have employed only the most qualified and compassionate team of professionals to help our patients overcome their challenges and develop the strength and skills needed to appropriately manage these conditions going forward. At Millcreek of Pontotoc, our patients will work hand-in-hand with counselors, therapists, social workers, psychiatrists, nurses, and other types of mental and behavioral health professionals who will help shape their lasting recovery.
Realizing that our patient base has its own specific treatment needs, we offer programming that properly reflects those needs. At the time that a prospective patient comes through our doors, we will work with him or her, as well as with his or her family and loved ones, to provide the appropriate assessments that will allow us to place him or her within the most effective programming possible. The programming options that we offer at Millcreek of Pontotoc include the following:
- Therapeutic day school – This program allows patients to receive therapy and educational services while they thrive within a community setting. Through the therapeutic day school, individual therapy, group therapy, and family therapy are offered.
- Psychiatric residential treatment – Programming for this specific approach allows patients to live on campus while obtaining both therapy and educational services simultaneously. Similar to the therapeutic day school, those who participate in psychiatric residential treatment will engage in individual, family, and group therapy sessions.
- Group home programming – This newer programming option houses boys and girls (separately) while providing them with treatment that is similar to the therapeutic day school, but with a more intensive approach. This program also includes individual, group, and family therapies, as well as recreational therapy on a daily basis.
We realize the many challenges that come along with accepting help, as well as with admitting that your child or loved one needs a more hands-on approach when it comes to overcoming issues as serious as these. Therefore, we encourage you to reach out to us as quickly as possible so that we can help guide you through the process of getting the young person in your life the care that he or she needs. A life of recovery is possible. Call us today.