At Millcreek of Pontotoc, a treatment clinic in North Mississippi, we are sensitive to the educational needs of children and adolescents who are struggling with emotional and behavioral disturbances. In an effort to provide comprehensive treatment programs for these children, our clinic offers a therapeutic day school treatment program for youth between the ages of 6 and 20. This program, which is designed to offer a community-based element to the continuum of care provided by our treatment clinic in North Mississippi, offers therapy and educational services to children and adolescents who are able to live in a community setting, but who need more intensive behavioral and special education services. This treatment program, which is fully accredited and funded by the Mississippi Department of Education, takes place from 8:00am-2:30pm daily and is located on three separate campuses at our clinic:
- Millcreek of Batesville
- Millcreek of Greenville
- Millcreek of Kosciusko
- Millcreek of Pontotoc
- Millcreek of Starkville
Provided in a traditional educational environment, our clinic’s educational programs have a student-to-aide ration of 5:1. With this small ratio, all of the specific needs of each child can be fully attended to while he or she receives special education services.
With the goal of being a special education school that has a therapy component encompassed within, our treatment clinic in North Mississippi offers a variety of therapeutic interventions for the children and adolescents who take part in this particular program. Such interventions include:
- Individual therapy sessions are held twice each week for 30 minutes per session. These sessions are designed to be a time for students to meet one-on-one with their therapists where they can discuss any presenting problems or concerns, track treatment goals, and work on personal skills-building. Additional individual sessions can be added at any time depending a student’s particular needs, or when it is specifically requested.
- Group therapy sessions are held twice per week at our treatment clinic and has a cognitive behavioral therapeutic approach to treatment. During these sessions, a wide variety of topics are discussed, examples of which may include goal-setting, peer pressure, aggression, following rules, and bullying. All group sessions are tailored to meet the unique needs of the students participating in that particular group.
- Family therapy sessions are held at a minimum of once per month, however, additional sessions may be added depending on a child’s needs or when requested. We believe that family involvement is paramount to eliciting successful treatment outcomes, and our staff makes every effort to keep the family members of our students actively involved in all aspects of the therapeutic process.
- Medication management is offered for students who are taking part in this program. Each child has a psychiatrist as part of his or her treatment team who is thoroughly involved in the treatment planning process.
- Clinical staffings occur twice during the first month that a student is in attendance at Millcreek, and then once per month for every subsequent month that they are in our care. These staffings are designed to be a time for everyone on the child’s treatment team to meet together with their parents or guardians in order to discuss their progress, including therapeutically and academically.
The caring and compassionate staff at our treatment clinic at Millcreek of Pontotoc, located in North Mississippi, works tirelessly to ensure that all children and adolescents enrolled in our therapeutic day school treatment program have all of their unique developmental, emotional, and education needs met. If your child is struggling with behavioral and emotional disturbances, and is falling behind academically as a result, look no further than the treatment programs at Millcreek of Pontotoc. We are here to help children lead healthier, more productive lives.